Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SXSW! St. Pat's! First Day of Spring! Weddings That Fall on Holidays...

Since I last checked in, I've done three weddings all of which fell on special occasions. I mean, occasions special for reasons beyond being a wedding day. There was a couple in for SXSW. Here they are, heading to the Chapel (Dulcinea) of Love. 



Then, on St. Patty's Day, it was out to the Hill Country to the wonderful Memory Lane Event Center in Dripping! Thalia Morgan and her crew run a tight but also laid back ship out there and it is always a pleasure when I'm invited to perform a ceremony at their venue. As you can see from the men's attire, no, the date choice was not a coincidence. These folks went full on green:




They even had a bagpiper-- Hylton Cruickshank-- who is magnificent. I was grateful he played Amazing Grace BEFORE the ceremony, not during it, because that song, done on bagpipes, always makes me bawl my eyes out. Hylton's website is AustinBagpiper.com -- you can find out more about him and his availability there. 






And then, on the first day of Spring, I performed a small wedding out at Chapel Dulcinea. The night before the storm in town and in the Hill Country was so wild that the couple (and me, too) wondered if it would be raining for the ceremony and, more importantly, if the road would be closed. Well the road was open, we got there, and I am not making this up-- the sun came out for the wedding. Then it clouded over again making for a really dramatic skyline.



No comments:

Post a Comment