Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oo-la-la! My First Wedding at Camp Lucy!


A couple of weeks ago I performed a ceremony at Camp Lucy, a spectacular venue on the western edge of Dripping Springs, out near Henly. Camp Lucy only recently opened as a wedding spot, but I predict that if they don't already have a long waiting list, they will soon.

First of all, the natural setting-- the Texas Hill Country-- is stunning. So what did the Hanks family, who owns Camp Lucy (and yes, also Whit Hanks Antiques) do to make their place unique? They moved two churches from Vietnam to Texas. Yes, that's right. They had two massive French Colonial Catholic churches, that were built in the late 1800s, disassembled over there, packed in shipping containers, and moved over here.

The buildings were carefully pieced back together on the Camp Lucy site, where one serves as a gorgeous chapel and the other a big open air pavilion. The Hanks family also acquired an Amish barn from the 1800s, which was used as part of the Underground Railroad, and moved that out to the property, too. This building serves as a huge events hall. Really, I'm telling you-- it is just unbelievably beautiful out there.

I had such a great time performing this ceremony. The bride was stunning, the groom handsome and adorable. There were hundreds of people there-- a departure from most weddings I perform, which usually include 60 - 100 guests. As ever, this was just more proof of how excellent my job is. I am so lucky I get to do what I do for a living. Here are some pictures from Camp Lucy:













If you'd like more information about my wedding services, please take a look at my recently updated Custom Hitches Weddings website. You'll find lots of information about what I can offer, including non-religious and same sex ceremonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment