Saturday, February 16, 2013

Elope, Elope, Elope-- and Bring a Great Photographer!

copyright day 7 photography 2013
                               
Last week I performed a wedding for a couple who ditched their expensive plans for a big Dallas wedding and came on down to lovely Austin to get hitched on a rooftop with the Capitol in the background. Lovely day, lovely couple, and-- I assure you-- a lovely time had by all.

I love all sorts of weddings from the ginormous to small backyard affairs. I've got a particularly special place in my heart for elopements. Because they are so stripped down, perhaps. And because the focus is all about the couple. Don't get me wrong-- you can have (and I've been to) a wedding with hundreds of guests and the focus is all about the couple. But sometimes, too many cooks and all that, when you have a huge wedding and (this is the key to a headache) you start letting all sorts of people give you advice, all that can be distracting from the real reason for the occasion.

So here's my own advice, offered very gently: No matter if it's just the two of you at your ceremony or five hundred guests, remember to breathe, look at each other, and feel the love. That's what we're here for.

copyright day 7 photography 2013
Getting back to the wonderful rooftop elopement. Part of what made it so special is that our lovely couple chose a flexible wedding officiant (ha! that's me!) and they picked AN AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHER. Sean Hsueh is the owner and first shooter for DAY 7 PHOTOGRAPHY. Sean was super prepared-- he'd scouted out a great location for the ceremony, had a small team to help him with logistics and video, and had another spot set up for after the ceremony pics. His efficiency is inspiring-- I'm a hyper-efficient person but pale by comparison. And his pictures speak (thousands of words) for themselves.

copyright day 7 photography 2013
We live in a town full of amazing wedding photographers. I know a lot of them. Glad to add Sean to the list of Highly Recommended. Oh, and he'll shoot your big wedding and engagement photos, too.

Thanks for a great experience, Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment