Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello 2013! We Are Off to a Great Start!


Well my first wedding of 2013 was beyond magnificent. It was a teeny-tiny affair, at a venue I just love-- The Inn at Wild Rose Hall. The couple, high school sweethearts, were totally chill and totally focused on each other and getting hitched. As it should be! And most all of the dozen attendees read something meaningful about marriage and commitment. The readings ran the gamut but every one was terrific-- the father of the bride gave a particularly moving speech. Bride and groom read super heartfelt personal vows and, not that it's a competition, but when the groom gave a detailed analogy between the '85-86 Boston Celtics and how his new wife makes him feel-- let's just say those were some of the most amazing, creative vows I've ever heard. Congratulations, y'all. Thank you so much for the honor. What a great way to start the year. And then it was on to....


Wedding Number Two for 2103 was at Chapel Dulcinea, which I like to call my office since I perform so very many ceremonies out there. This wedding, at sunset, was brrrrrrrrr super chilly-- 47 degrees but felt like 40 with the windchill. Not my coldest wedding actually-- my third coldest. The coldest was 39 degrees. Weather-- it's always something to consider in Texas, right? But if you're planning an evening, outdoor winter wedding in the Hill Country, you might let your guests know that it is perfectly acceptable to bring blankets. This couple helped warm up the event with a muy caliente mariachi band-- Mariachi Relampago, directed by Adolph Ortiz. OMG-- I LOVE MARIACHIS! And these guys were fantastic. Great singers, a big band, and really cheerful. I want to have them at my next birthday party. Heck, I want to just have a party so they'll come and play at my house.

Gearing up for the busy season now which seems a bit far away but I know it's not. Since January 1st I must've received at least forty requests to perform weddings. All those holiday engagements I guess. Looks like March/April/May are going to be super busy. Can't wait.

Want to book me for your wedding? Check out details at Custom Hitches Weddings. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment