Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Awesome New Wedding Venue In Town: HausBar Farms!



Y'all,
I have great, great, great, GREAT news for you if you're looking for a beautiful, off-beat, in town venue. My friend Dorsey and her partner Susan have HausBar Farms, which is located Central East. It's a working urban farm and it is GORGEOUS. Dorsey was a founder of Eastside Cafe, she has decades of experience in the hospitality biz, and most importantly she is a total badass! Oh, and my backyard flock of chickens came from HausBar.

I've been watching HausBar grow up over the past couple of years, I did a Whim City video-blog segment about it for KUT, and most recently I checked out the new hydroponic system that's going in. Oh, and the outdoor wood-burning pizza oven.


Look-- I love all the weddings I do. I love the massively huge ones. I love the little elopements. I love the kooky locations I am sometimes invited to. But I must say I have a super special place in my heart for backyard weddings. There is something so intimate about this setting, something so homey and so inimitably lovely. So I'm thinking... maybe you want a beautiful backyard wedding but you don't have a beautiful backyard. Okay, well now you can have one of the most beautiful backyards in Austin.

So if you want to be the very first couple to marry at this venue-- or second or third or whatever-- you can reach Dorsey via email at hausbaraustin@gmail.com And the first three couples who book me to perform a wedding there will get the special I Heart Dorsey Discount-- just mention that when you contact me to perform your unique Austin wedding.

Here are some pics of Dorsey's place, and my v-blog about her:





Are all your friends and relatives well-behaved, depriving you of having a stereotypical Ass-at-the-Reception experience? Not to worry. HausBar has you covered-- a complimentary ass comes with the reception.
This cottage on the front of the property is rentable.



The amazing pizza oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment