Wednesday, July 4, 2012

More Love: Meet Cory Ryan, Photographer

Photo copyright Cory Ryan Photography 2012
all rights reserved. 
In addition to getting to work with so many wonderful clients, and to meeting so many interesting people in the form of family and friends who travel from near and far for a wedding, I also get the pleasure of working with lots of cool wedding professionals. A number of us run into each other again and again. 

This year, I had the pleasure of meeting Cory Ryan. Cory is an amazing wedding photographer and the first time I encountered her, at an elopement at Laguna Gloria, I was immediately sold on her style. She's so easygoing, joyful, and unobtrusive. It's kinda cool-- on the one hand, I can feel her calming presence, on the other hand, I didn't even notice her at all (i.e. she didn't distract me from my work, which is not always the case when working with photographers). And then I got to see the photos from that day and boy were they lovely. Bonus points, I even liked how I came out in the pics (I actually do not like having my picture taken, which is sort of funny/ironic considering that, as part of my job, my picture is taken literally thousands of times per year).

Cory and I recently worked another wedding, an intimate, elegant affair under a big Live Oak at the Hotel St. Cecilia. Once again, Cory's presence made the whole event that much more wonderful. And once again, she took some amazing shots. The one above I am particularly taken with-- how wonderfully she captures the joy of the day. Thanks, Cory! Can't wait til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment