Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Truly Texas Wedding!


Photos by Katie Hayes Luke

When Lindsay and Joe contacted me and asked if I was willing to drive to a ranch north of Austin to perform a wedding, I said sure. I do a fair number of ranch weddings, and a ton of out-of-town ceremonies in the Hill Country and beyond. I didn't actually see the space until the rehearsal, and wow, was I blown away. L & J had dreamed of a wedding that truly captured the spirit of Texas. Boy did they succeed.

The guests and I rode to the ceremony site on a hay wagon. The bride came riding up in a horse drawn carriage, and it was a long, slow ride, with Joe and I standing and watching Lindsay and her parents, framed by a huge Texas sky and then, at last, right before our eyes. Honestly, this could not have been a more perfect ceremony.

They just sent me a short video and a couple of pictures and said it was okay to share. So, here you go-- this wonderful video was shot and edited by Jorge Flores at Waterloo Films, and the pictures were taken by Katie Hayes Luke. Congratulations Lindsay and Joe! Thanks for inviting me to be part of your big day.



Joe + Lindsay short wedding film from Waterloo Films on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment